A lot of moldy food in the kitchen, this restaurant boss was fined Rp. 54 million!

Jakarta

A restaurant in the UK has been fined tens of millions of rupiah for its dirty kitchen. There was a lot of moldy food in it.

Food safety issues should not be taken lightly, especially for restaurant entrepreneurs. The reason is that they serve food to many people which could potentially threaten their health and safety if not properly.

No wonder every few months food cleaners in various countries will make sudden inspections of restaurants to check hygiene standards.

Like the case of George and Dragon Pub in Alrewas, England. One of its chief directors or the restaurant’s boss, Richard Maley, had to pay a fine of £3,000 (Rp 54 million). He is considered to have failed to meet the food hygiene standards in his restaurant, according to the hygiene rules that apply there.

Read also: The hobby of cooking awkwardly makes netizens nauseous, this food vlogger has even gone viral on TikTok” more

This fine was imposed after he admitted to failing to implement the hygiene and food safety regulations in his restaurant. This case occurred in 2016, but the case has only been completed now because it was delayed in court.

Reporting from Stokesentinel (14/05), Richard, who has now been dismissed from his main position, still has to pay a fine for not being able to do his job. Even after Richard was dismissed, George and Dragon Pub immediately fixed their food hygiene system. Now they have five star cleanliness.

A lot of moldy food in the kitchen, this restaurant boss was fined Rp. 54 million! Photo: Stokesentinel

According to the Lichfield District Council which handled the case, Richard committed a hygiene violation that could jeopardize food safety. Even though Richard is no longer part of the restaurant’s employees, the government is still following up on him.

In the evidence collected by the cleaning staff, they found that there was an apple cake that contained traces of wood that were not safe for consumption. Then there is the meat pie that has been contaminated with mold on the top.

Not to forget other foods are also contaminated. Richard admitted that he was incompetent in carrying out his duties as a director of the company, so that he did not ensure that all the food ingredients used for the pubs and restaurants were safe to eat or not.

Most of the food in the kitchen was covered in mold, including the food container filled with undercooked bacon. Then there are half-cooked sausages and ripe tomatoes placed next to the room spray.

A lot of moldy food in the kitchen, this restaurant boss was fined Rp. 54 million!A lot of moldy food in the kitchen, this restaurant boss was fined Rp. 54 million! Photo: Stokesentinel

There are also meat pies that are left as they are, without lids and food mats. Also other food like sausage pieces placed near dirty walls.

In addition, Maley was also found guilty of not paying attention to the cleanliness of tableware and cooking utensils during his tenure there. This is reflected in the many glasses and plates there that look dusty and dirty.

For all this negligence Maley had to pay a fine of £ 1,280 (Rp 21.5 million). Then he also has to pay court fees of (Rp 32 million) as well as other additional costs for the victim £ 32 (Rp 575,000).

With this incident, the food hygiene team hopes that other restaurants will pay more attention to the cleanliness and safety of the food products they sell to people.

Also Read: Drinking Water in Bottles That Are Rarely Replaced Is Proved To Be Dirty, These Are The Results Of The Microscope Test” more

Watch Videos “Viral Visitors Find Caterpillars in Food and Rats in Restaurants
[Gambas:Video 20detik]
(sob/adr)


Gallery for A lot of moldy food in the kitchen, this restaurant boss was fined Rp. 54 million!