Since the pandemic, travel trends have changed. One of the things that I like to do is play with hidden gems. Here, some hidden gem places for you.
In a release on Saturday (2/7/2022) as one of the players in the hospitality and tourism industry in Indonesia, OYO Hotels and Homes sees the ecotourism trend as a strategic opportunity to encourage tourism and the hospitality industry in the transition to endemic momentum.
OYO’s internal data noted that there was an increase in room bookings of 176% in May 2022. The provinces of Central Java, West Java, East Java, Bali and North Sumatra which offer a lot of natural tourism are still a favorite destination for customers to vacation with family.
“We see that ecotourism has great potential, with ecotourism destinations usually visited by tourists in small groups who are actively seeking information about nature and culture, either through digital channels or interacting with local communities. This is in line with OYO’s collaboration in optimizing potential destinations. local ecotourism tourism village with Kemenparekraf,”
“We hope that by digitizing and integrating these tourist villages into the OYO platform, it can increase the visibility of tourist villages and unique destinations located around these tourist villages.” said Agus Hartono Wijaya, Country Head of OYO Indonesia.
Currently, OYO Indonesia has collaborated with dozens of tourist villages that are members of the OYO network. A number of these tourist villages do have several hidden ecotourism destinations or hidden gems that can be an alternative choice for nature-loving tourists to visit.
Pawon Cave Photo: Whisnu Pradana
Some of OYO’s recommended hidden gem destinations include:
1. Sanghyang Kenit, Rajamandala is located in West Bandung Regency which provides views of river currents and ancient caves. The damming of the flow of the Citarum Purba River to the Rajamandala hydropower plant has caused the water that passes through Sanghyang Kenit to become shallow. The current also tends to calmly flow between ancient rocks which can now be visited by tourists.
2. Stone Garden and the archaeological site of Pawon Cave in the Citatah area of West Java. The location is an ancient cave complex where ancient human skeletons which are suspected to be the ancestors of the Sundanese have been found, although until now they are still being investigated by the Bandung archaeologist.
3. Smart farming, Cibeunying Village, which is located in the Cibodas area, West Bandung Regency.
For tourists who want to take their family and children on vacation, this destination can be an option. Offering views of beautiful gardens and rice fields, this destination also provides strawberry farm and pine hills that can be explored with the family.
3. Outbound with family at Puncak Manik, Bangunharja Village, Ciamis Regency.
Another option for family travel destinations, Puncak Manik offers various activities for families and children, such as fisheries and agricultural education tours, fun tubing on the Cihonje river, cicapar forest trails, Peak manik kidzland, flying fox, outbound games, to views of the Cipetir valley. .
4. Explore the island of Java
Next, there is also a choice of Goa Resi nature tourism in Conto Village, Bulukerto, Wonogiri, Central Java which can be used as a family tourist destination. Goa Resi presents natural beauty and a beautiful atmosphere in the form of photo objects in the cave with a background of colorful lights accompanied by water drops from above the cave and offers a swimming pool that can be enjoyed by children.
Carangsari Tourism Village Photo: (Dock Carangsari Tourism Village)
5. Bali Island of the Gods
Bali, which is famous for its beautiful beaches, also offers tourist destinations with the Carangsari Village Cycling bicycle tour which takes the route along the Carangsari Village road. A tour that is suitable for all guests of all ages, this cycling tour allows tourists to get a glimpse of the daily life of local residents, Balinese culture and accompanied by stunning natural scenery.
Some of these destinations are examples of various hidden gem ecotourism locations that can be a vacation option with family on the weekends. Tourists can find other hidden gem destinations that can be accessed digitally through the OYO application.
Watch Videos “Now Lodging in Tourism Villages Can Be Accessed Via Digital Platforms“